I love burgers!
I don't mean I just really enjoy them. I mean I am full fledged obsessed with a good burger. They remind me of lazy Summer Sundays hanging out by the pool or just lounging in the backyard.
I've been playing around with bean burger recipes for years trying to feed this obsession. It can be challenging to get just the right texture with a bean burger. You want it to be hearty and able to hold it's shape when you bite into it. And, obviously, it needs to taste great. You guys....I think I nailed it this time.These burgers are smoky, a tiny bit spicy, have a hearty texture, and are just. so. delicious. And you can top them with pretty much anything you want and they will still be incredible.
So, if you are wondering what to make for your dad this Father's Day, why don't you treat him to a relaxing Sunday and an incredibly delicious burger.
- 1/2 cup GF breadcrumbs
- 1 can black beans (use a BPA free brand like Eden Organic)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (open a can of coconut milk + skim the cream off the top, leaving behind the coconut water)
- 4 tbsp dijon mustard
- sea salt to taste
- Arugula, sliced tomatoes, sliced pickles, sliced red onion, or anything your heart desires
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Lightly oil a baking sheet with olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until all ingredients are fully combined
- Form 4 patties using your hands to roll them into balls + then flatten to burger size
- Place on baking sheet + bake in oven for 10 minutes. Flip burgers over + bake for another 10 minutes
- To make the sauce, place all ingredients in a bowl & whisk together
- Place burgers on GF burger buns, top with desired toppings + sauce. Enjoy!