It's a salad. Only bigger. With lots of stuff in it.
Anyone a Seinfeld fan? 🙋♀️ Just like Elaine, I love a big salad 🌱
Choosing a healthy lifestyle often means choosing not to eat things that you know are unhealthy. Burrito for lunch with a cookie that is approximately size of your head? Maybe not.
So what do you eat instead? Well, contrary to what most cafeterias would have you believe, it doesn't have to be a huge chunk of iceburg lettuce, two wedges of tomato, and some questionable ranch dressing.
Eating healthy can be delicious. Our Abundance Salad with Tahini Dressing is decidedly un-boring. There is a bed of arugula under there but you can't even see if because all the delicious toppings are overflowing on top of it. With roasted sweet potato, avocado, almonds, and a creamy dreamy decadent tahini dressing I promise you won't be missing your old cafeteria lunch.
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 medium carrots
- 1/2 english cucumber
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. Clean and chop the sweet potato into bite sized pieces. Place on a lightly olive oiled baking tray in an even layer.
3. Roast sweet potato for 15 minutes, take out of oven & flip all pieces over, then roast for an additional 10 minutes until brown and tender.
4. Peel and grate carrots, slice cucumber, and slice avocado
5. Make Tahini Dressing: Add tahini to a bowl. Squeeze lemon juice into the bowl over tahini. Add garlic powder & sea salt. Slowly add coconut milk a bit at a time, whisking as you go until desired consistency is reached.
6. To plate the salad, create a bed of arugula on the plate. Add toppings one at a time in a circle around the plate, placing sweet potato in the center. Top with sunflower seeds & serve.